Principles of all-inclusive public health: developing a public health leadership curriculum
Smith, T., Stankunas, M., Czabanowska, K., de Jong, N., O'Connor, S. and Fowler Davis, S. 2015. Principles of all-inclusive public health: developing a public health leadership curriculum. Public Health. 129 (2), pp. 182-184. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.puhe.2014.12.001
|Authors||Smith, T., Stankunas, M., Czabanowska, K., de Jong, N., O'Connor, S. and Fowler Davis, S.|
This article describes the way in which the international Leadership in European Public Health Initiative (LEPHIE) course was developed, outlines its content, and describes how the earlier DELTAH project informed its development. The project, funded by the EC Leonardo da Vinci Lifelong Learning programme between 2004 and 2007 is now being operationalised in a number of European countries and continues to attract growing interest amongst those still striving to develop their public health systems.
|Keywords||Public health; leadership; curriculum development; LEPHIE; DELTAH|
|Journal citation||129 (2), pp. 182-184|
|Digital Object Identifier (DOI)||https://doi.org/10.1016/j.puhe.2014.12.001|
|Funder||EC Leonardo da Vinci Lifelong Learning Programme|
|Publication process dates|
|Deposited||03 Jul 2015|
1. Hanlon P, Carlisle S, Hannah M, Lyon A. The future public health. Maidenhead: Open University Press; 2012.
2. Department of Innovation Universities and Skills. Foresight tackling obesities: future choices 2007; October 2007. DIUS/PUB/2K/10/07/NP.
3. World Health Organisation. Prevention of mental disorders: effective interventions and policy options: summary report; 2004. ISBN 92 4 159215 X.
4. CSDH. Closing the gap in a generation: health equity through action on the social determinants of health. Final report of the commission on social determinants of health; 2010.
5. Hawley SR, Romain TS, Orr SA, Molgaard CA, Kabler BS. Competency‐based impact of a statewide public health leadership training program. Health Promot Pract 2011;12(2):202e8.
6. World Health Organisation. Strengthening public health capacities and services in Europe: a framework for action. Regional Committee for Europe 61st session. Baku, Azerbaijan:12e5.
EUR/RC61/10. 2011; Available at: http://www.euro.who.int/en/; September 2011 [accessed 08
7. Koh HK, Jacobson M. Fostering public health leadership. J Public Health 2009;31(2):199e201.
8. Hunter DJ. Leading for health and wellbeing: the need for a new paradigm. J Public Health 2009;31(2):202e4.
9. Czabanowska K, Smith T, (editors) Leadership for public health in Europe ‐ student module book. Maastricht University; 2013. Available from: http://www.lephie.eu/lephie_repository.html.
10. UKPHR Public Health Register. Introduction to the UK public Health
4views this month
7downloads this month