Adisa, A. (2010) Idanre Hill-Oke Idanre, Ondo State URL: http://www.cometonigeria.com/ top-destinations/idanre-hill/ (Accessed on 25.09.2016).
• Alipour, H. and Dizdarevic, L. (2007) A Conceptual Sustainability Approach to Tourism Planning and Development in Post- War Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH). Tourism and Hos- pitality Planning & Development, 4(3), 211-230.
• Ayeni, D. A. and Ebohon, O. (2012) Exploring Sustainable Tourism in Nigeria for Develop- mental Growth. European Scientific Journal, 8(20), 126-140.
• Bramwell, B. and Lane, B. (2011) Critical Research on the Governance of Tourism and Sustainability. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 19(4-5), 411-421.
• Beagan, C., and Dolan, S. (2015) Integrating Components of Resilient Systems into Cultural Landscape Management Practices. Change Over Time, 5(2), 180-199.
• Birnbaum, C.A (1994) 36 Protecting Cultural Landscapes: Planning, Treatment and Man- agement of Historic Landscapes URL: https://www.nps.gov/tps/how-to-preserve/preserve- docs/preservation-briefs/36Preserve-Brief-Landscapes.pdf (Accessed on 20.04.2017).
• Buckley, R., Ollenburg, C. and Zhong, L. (2008) Cultural Landscape in Mongolian Tourism. Annals of Tourism Research, 35(1), 47-61.
• Buckley, R. (2002) Surf Tourism and Sustainable Development in Indo- Pacific Islands. The Industry and the Islands. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 10(5), 405-424.
• Canavan, B. (2014) Sustainable Tourism: Development, Decline and De- Growth. Manage- ment Issues from the Isle of Man. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 22(1), 127-147. Cana- van, B. (2016) Tourism Culture: Nexus, Characteristics, Context and Sustainability. Tourism Management, 53, 229-243.
• Cooper, C. (2016) Essentials of Tourism. Pearson 2nd edition Slovakia.
• Ekinci, M. (2014) The Cittaslow philosophy in the context of sustainable tourism develop-
ment; the case of Turkey. Tourism Management, 41, 178-189.
• Eugene, J.Aniah, Judith, E. O and Ushie, M.A. (2011) Sustainable Tourism Development -Cross River State Nigeria. In Jaime, S. (Eds.) Ecotourism and Sustainable Tourism: New Perspectives and Studies Taylor & Francis Ltd. 203-211.
• Fatimah, T. (2015) The Impacts of Rural Tourism Initiatives on Cultural Landscape Sustain- ability in Borobudur Area. Procedia Environmental Sciences, 28, 567-577.
Tourism Today - 2016/2017 Issue - Full Paper
Adenike D. Adebayo
• Fadamiro, J. A., Adedeji, J. A., and Ibrahim, R. A. (2013) Indigenous urban open spaces as public infrastructures: Focus on Ilawe-Ekiti, Nigeria. Journal of Biourbanism, 2, 51-60
• Fadamiro, J., and Adedeji, J. (2016) Cultural Landscapes of the Yoruba of South-Western Nigeria Demystified as Solidified Time in Space. Space and Culture, 19(1), 15-30.
• Fennell, D. A. (2008) Ecotourism. 3rd edition Abingdon, Oxon; New York, NY: Routledge.
• Fisher, D. (2006) The Potential for Rural Heritage Tourism in the Clarence Valley of North-
ern New South Wales. Australian Geographer, 37(3), 411-424.
• Gunn, C.A. and Var, T. (2002) Tourism planning: Basics, concepts, cases. Psychology Press.
• Hall, M. C. (2008) Tourism Planning: Policies, Processes and Relationships. 2nd edition. Harlow, England; New York: Pearson/Prentice Hall.
• Idanre (2016) Idanre Cultural Heritage URL: http://www.idanre.net/index/post/idanre-cul- tural-heritage (Accessed on 10.06.2016)
• Idanre (2016) Mare Festival 2011 URL: http://www.idanre.net/index/post/mare-festi- val-2011 (Accessed on 25.09.2016).
• Inskeep, E. (1991) Tourism Planning: An Integrated and Sustainable Development. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold.
• Lei Tin Jackie Ong & Russell Arthur Smith (2014) Perception and Reality of Managing Sus- tainable Coastal Tourism in Emerging Destinations: The Case of Sihanoukville, Cambodia, Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 22(2), 256-278.
• Lu, J and Nepal, S. K. (2009) Sustainable tourism research: an analysis of papers published in the Journal of Sustainable Tourism. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 17(1), 5-16.
• Mitchell, N., Rössler, M., and Tricaud, P. (2009) World Heritage Cultural Landscapes A Handbook for Conservation and Management Nora pp. 1-131 URL: http://whc.unesco.org/ documents/publi_wh_papers_26_en.pdf (Accessed on 25.04.2017).
• Olorunipa, A. (no date) The Tourist Guide to Oke-idanre Cultural landscape Ondo State. A publication of National Commission for Museums and Monuments, Nigeria and The Ondo State Government Ministry of Culture and Tourism
• Otilia-Elena Vicol (2013) Cultural Landscape in Moldovita Valley - A Tourist Resource in Transformation. Revista de Turism: Studii si Cercetari in Turism, 0(15), 48-55.
Tourism Today - 2016/2017 Issue - Full Paper
Sustainable tourism in Idanre Hill, Nigeria
• Plieninger, Tobias van Der Horst, D., Schleyer, C., and Bieling, C. (2014) Sustaining ecosys- tem services in cultural landscapes. Ecology and Society, 19(2), 59.
• Rössler, M. (2006) World heritage cultural landscapes: A UNESCO flagship programme 1992-2006. Landscape Research 31, 333-353.
• Ruhanen, L. (2004) Strategic Planning for Local Tourism Destinations: An Analysis of Tour- ism Plans. Tourism and Hospitality Planning & Development, 1(3), 239-253.
• Scheyvens, R. (2011) The Challenge of Sustainable Tourism Development in the Maldives: Understanding the Social and Political Dimensions of Sustainability. Asia Pacific Viewpoint, 52(2), 148-164.
• Stoffelen, A. and Vanneste, D. (2015) An Integrative Geotourism Approach: Bridging Con- flicts in Tourism Landscape Research. Tourism Geographies, 17(4), 544-560.
• The National Commission for Museums and Monuments NCMM (2008) Oke-Idanre Cul- tural Landscape Ondo State Nigeria Management Plan. The National Commission for Mu- seums and Monuments (January), 1-52.
• Tosun, C. and Dallen J. (2001) Shortcomings in Planning Approaches to Tourism Develop- ment in Developing Countries: The Case of Turkey. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 13(7), 352-359.
• UNESCO (2016) Oke Idanre (Idanre Hill) URL: http://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativel- ists/5169/ (Accessed on 20.08.2016)
• UNWTO (2013) Sustainable Tourism for Development Guidebook URL: http://cf.cdn.un- wto.org/sites/all/files/docpdf/devcoengfinal.pdf (Accessed on 25.08.2016)
• UNWTO and UNEP (2005) Making Tourism More Sustainable – A Guide for Policy Makers
• Weiss, T. and Thakur, R. (2010) Global governance and the UN: An Unfinished Journey (United Nations intellectual history project (Series)). Bloomington: Indiana University Press.
• Yihui, S., Tian, C. and Meng, Z. (2008) Sustainable Tourism Development Management of Local Cultural Landscapes. Chinese Journal of Population Resources and Environment, 6(2), 74-79.