Improving wellbeing at work
Brownett, T. 2015. Improving wellbeing at work. Occupational Health: A Journal for Occupational Health Nurses. 67 (4), pp. 24-26. https://doi.org/102555524
The article discusses the importance of workplace wellbeing strategies in order to improve workplace performance. Also cited are the adverse effects of a weak psychosocial environment like eliciting negative coping strategies, the meaning of wellbeing at work, and the employee wellbeing programme introduced by a food manufacturer in Kent, England, to achieve good workplace wellbeing.
|Journal||Occupational Health: A Journal for Occupational Health Nurses|
|Journal citation||67 (4), pp. 24-26|
|Publisher||Reed Business Information|
|Digital Object Identifier (DOI)||https://doi.org/102555524|
|Publication process dates|
|Deposited||20 May 2015|
* Bevan S (2012). "Good work, high performance and productivity". The Work Foundation. Available at: www.theworkfoundation.com /DownloadPubLication/Report/316%5F GoodWorkHighPerformanceandProductivity.pdf
* Biggio G, Cortese CG (2013). "Well-being in the workplace through interaction between individual characteristics and organizational context". International Journal of Qualitative Studies in Health and Well-being. 8: 1,748 - 2,623). Available at: www.ijqhw.net/index.php/qhw/article/view/19823
* European Commission: DGE (2000). "Guidance on work-related stress: Spice of life or kiss of death?" Luxembourg: Office for the Publications of the European Communities.
* Gopee N, Galloway J (2009). "Leadership and management in healthcare". London: Sage.
* Head J, Kivimaki M, Martikainen P, Vahtera J, Ferrie JE, Marmot MG (2006). "Influence of change in psychosocial work characteristics on sickness absence: The Whitehall II study". Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health. 60(1): pp. 55-61. Available at: http://jech.bmj.com/content/60/1/55
* Health and Safety Executive (2007). "Managing the causes of work related stress: A step-by-step approach using the management standards". HSG 218. London: Crown. Available at: www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/priced/hsg218.pdf
* Jeffrey K. Mahony S, Micaelson J, Abdallah S (20U). "Wellbeing at work: a review of the literature". New Economics Foundation. Available at: www.neweconomics. org/publications/entry/well-being-at-work
* Labriola M, Lund T, Burr H (2006). "Prospective study of physical and psychosocial risk factors for sickness absence". Occupational Medicine; 56; pp.269-274. Available at: http://occmed.oxfordjournals.org/content/56/7/469.ML.pdf
* Lund T, Labriola M, Bang Christensen K, BGltmann U, Villadsen E (2006). "Physical work environment risk factors for long term sickness absence: prospective findings among a cohort of 5.357 employees in Denmark". British Medical Journal; 25; 332(7539): pp.449-452. Available at: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1382535/pdf/bmj3320G449.pdf
* Nutbeam D (2006). "Using theory to guide changing communities and organizations". In Davies M, McDowell W, Health Promotion Theory. Berkshire: Open University press. Chapter 4.
* Scriven A (2010). "Working with communities". In Promoting Health: a Practical Guide. 6th Edition London: Balliere Tindall Elsevier Chapter 15.
* Sparks K, Faragher B, Cooper CL (2001). "Well-being and occupational health in the 21st century workplace". Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology. 74(4); pp.489-509. Available at: http://onlinelibrary.wiley. com/doi/10.1348/096317901167497/abstract
* Terhani N, Humpage S, Willmott B, Haslam I (2007). "Change agenda: what's happening with well-being at work?" London: CIPD. May 2DQ7.
* van den Heuvel SG, Geuskens GA, Hooftman WE. Koppes LLJ, van den Bossche SNJ (2009). "Productivity loss at work: health related and work related factors". Journal of Occupational Rehabilitation; 20; pp. 331-339.
* Waddell G, Burton AK (2000). "Occupational health guidelines for the management of low back pain at work: evidence review". Occupational Medicine; 55(2); pp. 124-135, 2001. Available at: http://occmed. oxfordjournals.org/content/51/2/124.full.pdf
* World Health Organisation (1947). "Preamble to the constitution of the World Health Organisation" as adopted by the International Health Conference. New York. 19-22 June 1946. Available at: www.who.int/about/definition/en/print.html
3views this month
0downloads this month